Types of visas available in CambodiaAt present, Cambodia only offers one type of eVisa, which allows a single entry into the country for a stay of up to 30 days. The purpose of the trip must be related to tourism or transit. In general, with the Cambodia eVisa, you can:
- participate in all leisure activities: go on holiday, visit friends and family, enjoy the natural beauty of the Cambodian land, etc;
- transit through Cambodia: make a transit stop before going to another country.
How to apply for a Cambodia eVisaFirst of all, you need to click on the “Apply Online” button to access the online form. After that, there are only a few steps left to successfully submit the Cambodia eVisa application. These steps are as follows
- Fill in the online form: provide all necessary personal and travel information, email address, approximate arrival date and selected entry point. Check carefully that all data entered are free of errors.
- Upload supporting documents: include a digital copy of the biographical data page of your passport and your headshot. Photos taken with a phone or computer camera are acceptable.
- Cover the processing fee: choose one of the online payment methods and pay the service fee.
Required documentsThe documents required to apply for an eVisa for Cambodia have been kept to a minimum and include:
- a digital copy of the passport page containing personal data
- photo of the applicant’s face
ValidityThe validity period of a Cambodia eVisa starts from the date of issue and lasts for 3 months (90 days). During the entire validity period, the Cambodia eVisa holder can enter Cambodia only once, for a maximum of 30 days. Important: the passport used for the online application must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of your expected arrival in Cambodia.
Ports that recognise eVisasAll eVisa applicants should be aware that no seaports accept eVisas. You can enter Cambodia through specific border crossings or arrive at a few eVisa friendly airports. When submitting your visa application, choose one of the following Cambodian entry points: Border crossing points:
- Cham Yeam (Koh Kong province) if entering through Thailand
- Bavet (Svay Rieng Province) if entering from Vietnam
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey Province) from Thailand.
- Tropaeng Kreal (Stung Treang) border crossing from Laos.
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Sihanouk International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
Who needs a Cambodia eVisa?
Nationals of only 8 countries can enter Cambodia without a visa. Citizens of other countries must obtain a visa before travelling. Some countries are eligible to apply for an eVisa.
Do children also need an eVisa for Cambodia?
Yes, an eVisa is required for all visitors to Cambodia, regardless of age. Travellers under the age of 18 cannot apply online by themselves. Their parents or legal guardians must do so on their behalf.
How long does it take to apply for a visa for Cambodia online?
Submitting the online application should not take you more than 15 minutes. All you need is an electronic device with internet access, a copy of your passport and a headshot. Processing time is a maximum of 72 working hours (3 working days). However, our applicants can receive faster approval – on average – within 18 hours!
What happens if my Cambodia eVisa application is rejected?
Cambodia eVisa has a 99% approval rate. It is therefore unlikely that you will not receive your approved visa. If your visa is rejected, contact our visa consultants. They will review your specific situation and do their utmost to ensure that you receive your visa on time!